Right, so, as I mentioned previously – May wasn’t necessarily the best reading month ever. I mean, I got otherwise distracted, you know. I mean, it was bound to happen eventually, right? Either way – here’s my 2019 Reading Updates May Update!
What I read
- Please Send Help, Gabbie Dunn & Allison Raskin
- Here’s Looking At You, Mhairi McFarlane
- You Had Me At Hello, Mhairi McFarlane
- The Wedding Date, Jasmine Guilleroy
- The Proposal, Jasmine Guilleoroy
- Falling for Charming, Sophie Weston
- The Northern Lights Lodge, Julie Caplin
- Dating by the Book, Mary Ann Marlowe
- Hattie’s Home for Broken Hearts, Tilly Tennant
- A Vicarage Homecoming, Kate Hewitt
- Kiss, Jill Mansell
- Maybe This Time, Jill Mansell
What I thought
Is it really obvious I didn’t have any type of readathon to spur me on, this month? I feel like it is :p
I also feel like it’s really obvious I was in need of some light, fluffy, chicklit reading. But can you blame me? It’s almost summer! And if that isn’t prime-chicklit-reading-time? Well, I don’t know what is!
In general though, I will say that this month was something less of a reading month, not only in number of books, but also in rating of books. Where previous months had at least one 5-star rating, May just didn’t really have any of those. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the books I read, this past month – because I did. But I guess some months I’m just not really in the mood to have my entire worldview altered?
Either way, I can’t wait to see what June will have in store for me, reading-wise. You know, whenever I might have a minute to spare from correcting exams and moving house :p
What have you been reading this past month? Any books you would recommend in particular? Be sure to let me know below!