It’s time for another book tag. I mean, it’s been a while, right? And also – I came across the You’re Not Good Enough Book Tag (created by ReadLikeWildFire and Beccathebookreviewer). Basically, you make a list of characters, for each question you pick two. And then it’s up to you to decide which one would… Whatever is the prompt!
Quick note – I couldn’t think of 30 characters at the moment of making my list so… There could be repetition in here? Maybe? We’ll see what the automated name picker did 🙂
1. You only have one more spot on your Spelling B team, who would you pick to complete your team?
My options: Hermione Granger (Harry Potter) OR Matilda (Roald Dahl)
This just couldn’t start easy, could it? Both extraordinarily smart, both incredibly good at remembering things… I guess I would probably go for Matilda, though. If only because – with all that stress – Hermione might get distracted, right?
2. Both characters want to kill you, which one would you kill first so you have a better chance of surviving?
My options: Edmund Pevensie (Narnia) OR Lucy Pevensie (Narnia)
Brother and sister? Really? What even is this? This is like an impossible task too, because well… I don’t want to kill Lucy, so in theory, I’d want to get that over with as quick as possible. But then Edmund would probably freak and go all protective-brother on me. Which would severly limit my chances of survival, right? So, Edmund, and yes: I’m aware I’m putting entirely too much thought into this!
3. You’re on the bachelor/bachelorette an you’re down to these two characters, which one are you going to give your rose too?
My options: Pippi Longstocking OR Marianne Dashwood (Sense and Sensibility)
Marianne. No doubt. I mean, I don’t even particularly know why, but that was just my first instinct, so I’m going with that!
4. You’ve been chosen for the Hunger Games, who would most likely volunteer in your place?
My options: Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejuice) OR Carmen (Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants)
Honestly? Probably neither? But Elizabeth does show a lot of self preservence in P&P so I guess maybe she’d be the least likely? Carmen it is, through elimination only.
5. You’re stranded on an island. Which character would you sacrifice to engage in cannibalism?
My options: Anaid (War of the Witches) OR Amy March (Little Women)
Amy. Because Anaid is a witch and willing to go pretty far for survival and the people she loves. I’m fairly sure that does not involve being eaten, and if we’re talking my own survival? Anaid has to live 🙂
6. You’re the next DC/Marvel superhero (with your own tv show of course), who is your sidekick?
My options: Peter Pevensie (Narnia) OR Elizabeth Bennet (Pride & Prejudice)
Peter Pevensie. Because, quite frankly, I’m not here for that whole “useless-sidekick-Watson-type-style”-thing. And Peter is absolutely useful!
7. You’re a manager of an Avocado admiring company, who would you fire for lack of communication skills?
My options: Anne of Green Gables OR Wendy Darling
Euhm, I’m not sure whether either of these excel too much in the communications-department? I guess Wendy would have to go, because Anne is creative, which means she has a lot of possibilities?
8. You’ve just finished a book in which your favorite character dies, which character is most likely to comfort you?
My options: Elinor Dashwood OR Wendy Darling
Well, Elinor would comfort me, but only for so long as is prudent. Then she would move on to practicalities. And Wendy did show remarkable patience with those Lost Boys. So Wendy it is!
9. Ugh, it’s high school. Who would most likely be part of the popular clique?
My options: Jane Bennet OR Edmund Pevensie
I mean, is this even a question? Edmund is basically acting up because he feels left out. And Jane is practically “popular clique” (be it in a very nice way) personified. No doubt about it, Edmund’s definitely not it!
10. The day has arrived; you’re finally a year older! Who would have the nerve to forget your birthday?
My options: Elinor Dashwood OR Ginny Weasley
Ginny. No doubt. If nothing else, than because Elinor just would never forget such a thing. Right?
11. You’ve just found an upcoming booktube star? Who would most likely be?
My options: Jo March OR Luna Lovegood
So the writer or the Ravenclaw? Really? I have to do this right now? I guess I could see Jo maybe being a little too serious? Luna would definitely have the right amount of quirky. Plus, could you imagine her logic on a tag like this? That’s it, at this point I just want Luna to get a Youtube already. Bookchannel or other!
12. Sleepover time! Unfortunately you can only invite one person, who would you invite?
My options: Percy Jackson OR Annabeth Chase
I’m not quite sure how this supposedly “random” generator keeps doing this, but there we have it. Again, two people from the same series. I feel like Percy would be a ton of fun – no boring evenings guaranteed, right. But, I don’t know. I would really love to get to know Annabeth. Get more of her perspective on all their/her adventures, you know? So Annabeth it is!
13. Bam, you’re pregnant. Who’s the father/mother?
My options: Susan Pevensie OR Hermione Granger
So. Apart from some practical difficulties? I don’t know, do I go with “witchcraft probably has a foolproof spell for this”? Or do I go ahead and assume Susan has plenty of common sense (which she does seem to do)? Then again, so does Hermione. Sometimes. But Hermione has some common sense AND the foolproof spell.
Basically, I really don’t want to choose but due to elimination… Susan.
14. You’ve just written a super important text. Who would ‘see’ it, but not reply?
My options: Anne of Green Gables OR Artemis Fowl
Anne. Because she would be too busy being off in another world. Then again, Artemis Fowl could probably find a way to make “not replying” useful for him. So basically: both. But with vastly different reasonings.
15. You’ve just woken up and it’s time for breakfast. Your mum’s been replaced by..who?!
My options: Pippi Longstocking OR Hermione
Pippi Longstocking. Just for one day, please. But seriously – what a day it would probably be!
And that’s that, that’s the “You’re Not Good Enough Tag” Done. What would your responses be? Be sure to let me know below!