Gifts for the Potterhead
The first day of Blog-mas, and we’re immediately starting off right – with some Harry Potter. What?! Yes, every Thursday, you can be expecting some fandom-related gifts. (and if I just happen to want all of those myself as well… Well, that’s just a fun coincidence, isn’t it?). Today: some gift ideas to make any Potterhead happy!
This post is not sponsored in any way or form. It does, however, contain affiliate links.
Now, of course most Potterheads will already own all the books – but do they own some of the more special editions?
1.Harry Potter Box Set: The Complete Collection: Now, sure, I already own all the books. But I own them in Dutch. And quite frankly, I’ve been eyeing the English versions for years – but I just can’t really feel okay with spending that much money at once on books I technically already own. I’m also pretty sure I’m not the only one feeling like that, so maybe consider giving a complete boxset to your resident Potterhead?
2. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone: Illustrated Edition: Alright, only the first two illustrated editions are out yet. And that basically means whomever you’re giving this to will end up having to buy all of them. Or, you know, asking for each of them 🙂 But still, from what I’ve seen (Tumblr, why you gotta make my life so full of things to want?) the illustrations are actually amazing. And it’s Harry Potter told in a new way – what more could a fan want?
3. Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay: I went to see the movie of this one only last weekend and MAN, is it good! I basically just wanted to go home and re-read it… Yes, that was in fact when I realised that I couldn’t reread it, because 1) I hadn’t read it yet and 2) I didn’t have the book. This one fixes that problem though – and the story is good enough that I could definitely bear with reading it about 34 times!
4. Harry Potter Colouring Book: I don’t know about you, but I sometimes miss the easy activities I got to do as a kid. And by “easy”, I don’t mean “not difficult”. Think more like “I don’t have to worry about choices and adulting and stuff.” So colouring books now being fashionable for adults was something I could only be happy about! Add in Harry Potter, and my Potterhead-heart is happy!
5. Harry Potter – The Character Vault, and The Artifact Vault, and The Creature Vault – basically, anything that gives further information on the books. I especially love the fact that these three aren’t just full of things I want to know, they actually look great as well. Just think of how much prettier they’d make my shelves…
6. J.K. Rowling’s Wizarding World – A Pop-Up Gallery of Curiosities: I honestly don’t think this one needs any explanation beyond the title. I mean. It’s J.K. Rowlings Wizarding World…
1. Harry Potter Playing Cards Pack: Everybody needs some playing cards, right? So why not have them be Harry Potter?
2. Scrabble Harry Potter Edition: it might just be the fact that I studied Linguistics and Literature, but I actually love Scrabble. I like getting as creative as I can within the limits of the game. I like thinking of ways to make new words. Add in Harry Potter to that mix? I’m sold!
(also, on consideration: it’s definitely the Linguistics and Literature!)
3. Mystery at Hogwarts Board Game: I may not always feel like playing them, but man I do love board games in general. Add in some mystery and Harry Potter and this one has just about all I want!
4. World of Harry Potter Trivial Pursuit: Fun fact, I think I’ve only ever played Trivial Pursuit about once in my entire life. And that was just because I was at someone else’s house for New Year’s Eve and they really wanted to play it. Now, though, I’ve actually got the app on my laptop ànd phone, but I don’t own the board game. Yet. I guess it’s obvious what the solution will have to be – right?
5. Wizard Chess Set: I feel like probably everybody knows at least one person that really likes chess. For those people I tell you: get them this!
6. Destination Board Games Hogwarts: I have to be honest: I haven’t a clue how this game would actually work. However, I read “destination” and “Hogwarts” and my mind just sort of went “yes“. So there’s that.
7. Harry Potter Jigsaw Puzzle: Not sure whether this one is on the retro- or geeky-side of things, but I really like Jigsaw Puzzles. To the point that you might just find the entire floor covered in jigsaw puzzles I made and didn’t want to break up again. Why I don’t have a Harry Potter-one, however, is utterly beyond me.
8. Harry Potter Cluedo: Again, I’m finishing on a pretty obvious one, I feel like. Then again – who doesn’t need a Harry Potter Cluedo in their life?
1. Black Leather Braided Harry Potter Bracelet: I love this type of slightly more edgy jewellery, and I feel like this might go with a lot of different types of people. Also, the fact that it has multiple charms just really pleases me 🙂
2. Golden Snitch Necklace: I actually got a Golden Snitch Necklace, together with the matching earrings and bracelet, from my sister a couple of Christmases back. Let me tell you – I even wore them to prom! Seriously, this kind of dainty necklace looks good on just about anybody and it’s so cute!
3. Platform 9 3/4 Wristwatch: This watch is offered in a couple of other colours as well, but I have to admit I like this one the best. Also, a wristwatch is actually a useful gift, so why shouldn’t you give this to your resident Potterhead?
4. White Time Turner Necklace: I used to always want to be Hermione. And quite frankly, I think just about any girls reading these for the first time wanted to be her. I mean, she’s cool, she’s smart, and she’s constantly keeping these boys alive. You know, so they can go ahead and save the wizarding world. What more do you need in a witch? Oh, that’s right: some kick-ass jewellery that now, apparently, I can wear as well!
5. 9 3/4 Pendant Necklace: This is literally where it all started. And it looks cute to boot!
6. Hogwarts Crest Earrings: Get ready for some earrings! I already own a necklace with the Hogwarts Crest as a pendant (same sister, same Christmas 🙂 ) and I love it. These would probably be more of an occasional wear, but who cares when they look as cute as this?
7. Platform 9 3/4 Earrings: I know it’s probably a total fashion faux pas but yes, I would totally rock these along with the necklace. Back to the beginning and all that stuff, you know?
8. Sorting Hat Earrings: I read quite a bit of fanfictions, and there’s so many amazing ones where the Sorting Hat actually takes a pretty prominent role. In a good, sassy, snarky way, that is. So because of that, I’ve developped a bit of a soft spot for that particular hat. So of course I would totally wear these!
1. Harry Potter Mug: There’s so many of these that you can basically choose anything you’d like to fit the person you’re giving it to! This one, for example, says “If You Don’t Get My Harry Potter References Then There is Some thing Siriusly Ron with You” and that just made me giggle 🙂
2. Harry Potter Hogwarts Gift Set: Why not go all out and get an entire gift set? Now, you could, of course, put this together yourself. However, you could also make life easy on yourself and just get this one. You know, for comfort’s sake 🙂
3. Magic Wand Notepad: I know so many people that are anywhere from “ever so slightly” to “completely” obsessed with stationery, and I feel like this would just be such a cute gift if they also happened to like Harry Potter!
4. Color Changing Magic Mug: I promise there’s only two mugs in here, but this one changes colours when you pour something hot into it and I just couldn’t not include it!
5. Harry Potter Cushion: another one that allows for easy adaptation to the person you’re actually buying it for. Although I am really partial to this particular quote – it just rings so true!
6. Platform 9 3/4 Cufflinks: I’m basically just including this because I’m still in doubt on whether or not to buy these for the bf. It’ll let me figure out both if he actually reads this blog ànd if he’d like them 🙂 (and if you like to be fancy but don’t want to lose the Harry Potter touch, these are definitely useful!)
So, there you have it, that’s the first post for Blog-mas 2016 sorted! Be sure to come back tomorrow for the next one and feel free to check out last year’s Christmas posts as well!