And suddenly summer has passed… And although I really didn’t read all that many books this past month (what with retaking an exam and then just generally being busy all the time) I figured I would get this post in to update you all on my reading challenges for August – for the couple of books I did get read…
So let’s get started!
First off: what books did I read? No less than 11 – and that’s impressive because until my birthday, the 23rd, I hadn’t read a single book. Then I read, like, 10 of those within a single day (don’t ask me how, I don’t really remember) and finished the last one the day after.
I’d literally nog read a single book in all of August until yesterday evening. I’m now on book 6 of today… #books #oops #theselection
— WalkingThroughPages (@SaarTalks) 24 August 2016
That’s a thing that happened 🙂
Anyways, luckily all of these counted for my GoodReads Reading Challenge, which means I’m now on 117 books of the 150! I’m ahead of schedule! Yay!
So, to come back to my starting point: what books, exactly, did I read:
- The Selection, Kiera Cass: 4/5
- It Started With Paris, Cathy Kelly: 4/5
- The Elite, Kiera Cass: 4/5
- The Queen, Kiera Cass: 4/5
- The Prince, Kiera Cass: 4/5
- The One, Kiera Cass: 4/5
- The Heir, Kiera Cass: 3/5
- The Favorite, Kiera Cass: 3/5
- The Guard, Kiera Cass: 3/5
- The Epilogue, Kiera Cass: 3/5
- The Crown, Kiera Cass: 3/5
In case you’re wondering: that’s one entire series – I’d been holding out on reading that one until after my exam, and as soon as I was done with that (again: on my birthday, because I have great luck), I got to reading it – and basically flew through it!
And although, again, none of those books counted for the Read Around the World Challenge, I could cross off a couple of more books from my two remaining challenges:
PopSugar Reading Challenge:
- A book recommended by someone you just met: The One, Kiera Cass
- A science-fiction novel: The Elite, Kiera Cass
- A book and its prequel: The Selection and The Queen, Kiera Cass
- A Book with a surprising love element: The Crown, Kiera Cass
I’m hoping that, although I start classes on Tuesday, I will manage to get some books read in September – ideally, I’d love to finish one Reading Challenge per month from now on, although I rather fear for that where the Read Around the World Challenge is concerned – I’m not even really trying anymore for the Rory Gilmore-one. I guess that’ll just be one for life 🙂