2016 Reading Challenges July Update
So, apparently I’m typical: I’m complaining all school year long that I don’t have time to read, and what do I do as soon as school is over?
Right – not read.
Somehow, I’ve only read 6 books this month, two of which only just (one of which was a reread) and one book I’d been reading since March or April.
Not a good month all together, but some progress on my Reading Challenges was made!
All 6 of the books I read count for my GoodReads Reading Challenge, and here’s why: you know how you can choose what edition of a certain book you read or own, for exacitude’s sake? Yes, well, as it turns out, you can actually opt to just ‘claim’ to have read different versions of one same book (until there’s no more other editions left to choose from, of course) and GoodReads will count it as a “new book” – little nugget of wisdom for you 🙂
The books I’ve read this past month are:
- Girl Hearts Girl, Lucy Sutcliffe: 5/5 (I loved this one So Much – you can find my review here!
- We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, Karen Joy Fowler: 5/5 (another one I couldn’t stay silent about – read my review here)
- Me Before You, Jojo Moyes: 3/5
- After You, Jojo Moyes: 4/5
- Once in a Lifetime, Cathy Kelly: 4/5
- All the Pretty Horses, Cormac McCarthy: 3/5 (which I basically just re-read really really last-minute because I needed it for the PopSugar Reading Challenge)
My July wrap-up! … Pictured: *Girl Hearts Girl: 5/5 *We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves: 5/5 *Me Before You: 3/5 *Once In A Lifetime: 4/5 … Also read: *After You: 4/5 … What did you read this month? … #bookstagram #instabooks #books #booklove #bookblog #bookblogger #julywrapup #wrapup #summerreadinglist #summerreads #summerbooks
PopSugar Reading Challenge
- A National Book Award winner: All the Pretty Horses, Cormac McCarthy
- A New York Times bestseller: After You, Jojo Moyes
- A book that’s becoming a movie this year: Me Before You, Jojo Moyes
STXRY Reading Challenge
- A book that will be a complete mindfuck: We Are All Completely Beside Ourselves, Karen Joy Fowler