2019 Reading Updates – June Update
I’ve said this in each of the past couple of round up posts. But this past month? Don’t really have any recollection of it. Too much happened and too little sleep was had. So as for what my 2019 reading updates June will contain? I honestly don’t know myself. Promising – I know 🙂
What I read
- Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude
- Summer at the Little French Café, Karen Clarke
- Selling the Invisible
- The Bride Test, Helen Hoang
- As Kismet Would Have It, Sandhya Menon
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Little Gift Shop on the Loch, Maggie Conway
- Contagious: Why Things Catch On
- Think and Grow Rich
- A Very French Affair, Sue Roberts
- The mental Game of Poker
- Trust Me, I’m Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator
- Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In
- Modern Romance, Olivia Blake
- The Note, Zoe Folbigg
- Spent: Sex, Evolution, and Consumer Behavior
- The Postcard, Zoe Folbigg
- Big Data Fundamentals: Concepts, Drivers & Techniques
- Start With Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Isolde, Irina Dovstoevsteva
- The Commoner’s Guide to Bedding a Royal, Olivia Blake
- Playing House, Ruby Lang
- The Shape of the World, bixgirl1
- Say My Name, Thunderbird587
What I thought
Well, nothing, really. For at least half of these – I think. Because I had to read them because my students read them and I’m the kind of person that then needs to read them myself. That’s all the ones without an author mentioned, by the way.
But in all honesty, there’s only a couple here that I have an actual opinion on beyond the review I wrote on them. On the one hand, there’s Isolde, which is a translation of a book that was published by a Russian author a while back. And it’s a very Russian book. Like, stereotypes-Russian. There’s a review coming later this year, but for now: it left me sincerely mind-f***ed.
The other ones? Fanfiction. Apparently it’s a thing now that, whenever life gets overwhelming? And, you know, all my books are packed up – because moving. Well, I go back to old favourites in the form of fanfiction. Honestly, The Commoner’s Guide to Bedding a Royal is GREAT.
Anyways, that’s what I read this past month. While it’s kind of a lot of books? June hasn’t really been the greatest in terms of reading enjoyment. However. That should improve. I have, as of the day of me writing this, exactly 7 days left of working. And then I get to relax for a while. I mean. I’m looking forward to it. A lot. So here’s to July being a better reading month than the last one has been!
What have you been reading lately? Be sure to let me know below!