Do you ever have that thing, where you know that you read books this month… But when it comes down to it, you hardly remember any of that? That’s basically me at this point. But hey, at least I have my 2019 Reading Updates November edition to reminisce, right?
What I read
- A Snowy Little Christmas, Fern Michaels
- A Perfect Cornish Christmas, Pilippa Ashley
- With Eyes Wide Open, Suitesamba
- Starlight over Bluebell Castle, Sarah Bennett (review)
- Wishes under a Starlit Sky, Lucy Knott
- The Christmas Countdown, Donna Ashcroft
- #No Filter, Maxine Morrey (review)
- There’s Something About Darcy, Gabrielle Malcolm (review)
- Snowdrops on Rosemary Lane, Ellen Berry
- Queerbaiting and Fandom: Teasing Fans through Homoerotic Possibilities, Joseph Brennan (review)
- The Dating Charade, Melissa Ferguson (review)
- Mad About You, Anna Premoli
- The Hidden Power of F*cking Up, The Try Guys
What I thought
Well, first of all, I thought that The Try Guys’ book was one of the best books I’ve read this year and it came at exactly the moment I needed it. That’s not to say that I haven’t read any great books this year – far from it. But there’s a certain honesty, that really just hit the spot for me.
As for Anna Premoli’s work, I really enjoyed the 2 other books by her I read as well. This one was no exception. I also really enjoyed There’s Something About Darcy, especially as it ended up catapulting me down a rabbit whole of “ooh, I also want to read this fanfiction”. Trust me, it’s definitely worth a read!
What have you been reading this past month? Any books you would recommend me? Any books that centre around Christmas in particular? What with December starting in just a couple of days, I could certainly use some extra inspiration for that!