Weekly Lists #66: Books I’m looking forward to in 2017
First of all, I have a confession to make. Remember last year’s list? Where I was so enthusiastic about some of those books, I ended up reading… None of them. Oops? I promise I’m gonna try and do better this year, with the books I’m looking forward to in 2017!
This post is not sponsored in any way or form. It does, however, contain affiliate links.
1. Children’s books
1. The Matilda Effect: I originally liked this book because of its title – it immediately reminded me of Matilda, by Roald Dahl. I’m still not sure whether this one is in any way inspired by that one, but I do believe it also features a smart girl, so at least there’s that!
2. Anne of the Island: I basically just want that particular edition. Look how pretty the cover is!
3. The Railway Children: Another one where I just want this particular, new edition. Because of reasons, obviously 🙂
2. Young Adult
1. The Spellcoats: as well as the third book in the Dalemark series – I absolutely loved this series when I was younger, and lately I’ve taken to trying to collect all the books I used to love as a kid. These new editions of the entire series (two of them were already published in 2016) basically just seem like the perfect chance to do so!
2. The Book Jumper: I have absolutely no idea what this book is actually about (apart from what’s in the blurb, of course), but what that tells me is that I want it. Need it, even :p
3. The Girl Who Raced Fairyland All the Way Home: Another one where I’m not actually all that sure what the series is about, but all the blurbs seem fun. So obviously I’m gonna have to buy the entire series and read them all, right?
1. Secrets of a Happy Marriage: I love all books Cathy Kelly, and I’m so looking forward to reading more of her work. Always knows how to hit the spot 🙂
2. Between Sisters: I think this one already came out in 2016, but I can’t afford hardbacks, so I’ve been waiting for this paperback, which should come out this March, I do believe!
1. Autobiographical Comics: I feel like this year, this list is basically just compiled of books where I don’t have a clue what they’re about and books I loved earlier. This one belongs to that first category, but I can’t wait to read it none the less 🙂
2. Scorpia: An Alex Rider Graphic Novel: Where that first one was one of the “don’t have a clue”- ones, this one belongs to the second category. I loved the Alex Rider books when I was a tween, so I’m pretty curious what they did with it to transform it to this format.
Anyways, there you have it! That’s all the books I’m looking forward to in 2017 listed. Which ones are you most looking forward to? Be sure to let me know below!